What are the 7 intentional messages for this blog?
1. It Is Possible.
2. Trust your own intuition as parents more (much, much more) than any so-called expert, therapist, or system (no matter what their credentials, or level of education.) You, the parents, were entrusted with this child to raise them and to do good by them. So, trust yourself.
3. Keep Going. Like flying a plane, course correct when and where you need; but do NOT give up on finding your child’s true potential. Do not grow weary in doing good. A life is at stake here, a child’s life and future is on the line. Find the stamina to persist.
4. Aim High. Your child is UNBELIEVABLY smarter than anyone will venture to guess. Don’t be fooled by fools who speak V-E-R-Y S-L-O-W-L-Y and V-E-R-Y L-O-U-D-L-Y to your kiddo. The child’s ability to express their intelligence may be hampered. Always remember the true intelligence of the child is high; very high!
5. Check for breathing. Check for breathing. Check for breathing. Check for breathing.
-How deep? How shallow? Do you audibly hear them breathing, ever? Do you see them yawn? Do they still have periodic breathing? (A breathing rhythm which slows and stops up to 5 or 10 seconds, and then restarts. – Normal, up to 4 months of age.)
-Do they have low body weight and low “appetite”? This is likely breathing related (oxygen/CO2 balance) OR sensory… Either way, check for breathing first!
-There are 3 Neurological states directly related to breathing: Freeze (Deer in the headlights,) Fight or Flight (gulp and hold air,) and Rapid Pant (right after you have just run from a bear.) …I could write dozens of blog entries on breathing alone. It is SO important!
6. How to Problem Solve. Albert Einstein said something like… If you try and solve a problem at the same level as it presents itself, you get nowhere. But, if you approach it from another level, you’ll find solution.
-Example #1: Earlier I said, a food or appetite issue is most often breathing, OR sensory. I did NOT say, give the kiddo “feeding therapy.” The brain will always prioritize the need for oxygen over food. It is simply how we are ingeniously built.
(By the way, “picky eaters” may also be experiencing allergic sensitivities, which is an issue at the level of electricity. And then the cure is IBK – Immune Boosting Kinesiology. Something I teach parents to do for their own families, at home.)
-Note: None of the true solutions for food and “appetite” problems were found at the level of food.
-Example #2: A child is having difficulty with human interaction (Connection, Meaning and Purpose,) this could be because the child has not yet finished practicing (or fully integrated) their Moro or other Reflexes. So, practicing the Reflex Power Move called “Splat” or “Starfish” is what they need to finish practicing, and “mature” their ability to connect with others. Simple to do, 10 min. twice a day, and this deeply affects the nervous system!!
-Also possible, if a child is stuck in Fight or Flight mode (eyes darting, breath holding, not long enough exhales, hyperactive…) then the solution for connection is actually at the level of breathing and oxygen/CO2 Balance.
-This system of problem solving and evaluation is called Unified Healing. Thank you to my son’s journey, and the good Lord for giving me the keys.
7. When you just don’t know what to do? Take a deep breath, look up to the heavens, and ask for Guidance. Of all the prayers, wishes and hopes I have asked for along the journey, the one most readily answered has been that of Guidance. “Lead me and guide me, next step, 1st step, 1 day at a time…” Ask, trust, listen, pray, be open. Guidance you will find.
I LOVE QUESTIONS AND COMMENTS! Feel free to e-mail me… info@HelpingHurtKids.com